SystemsPlus Complies with Optional and Required Health Care Reform Guidelines
Oct 15, 2010 12:00 PM
Effective Oct. 1, 2010, SystemsPlus Mutual Insurance Company (SPMIC) adopted all Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) regulatory guidelines. Both of the SystemsPlus programs, Health Solutions and Stop Loss, adhere to the guidelinesincluding optional and required changesfor health insurance carriers writing group insurance business on all plans with effective dates of Oct. 1 and beyond.
Plan sponsors had approximately six months to adhere to these new requirements. New plans beginning or renewing on or after Sept. 23, 2010, will now comply with all of the guidelines outlined in the PPACA, including:
- Unlimited lifetime maximum for program participants
- Dependent care coverage to age 26
- No pre-existing condition exclusions for dependents under the age of 19
- Mandatory wellness initiatives.
The other relevant PPACA requirements are already in effect in all SystemsPlus plans, and these provisions will not change.
"For the past several months, we've been closely monitoring the refinement of the PPACA guidelines," says Ben Krambeck, SystemsPlus sales director. "In the future, we will continue to make necessary adjustments to maintain a compliant and cost-effective program for commercial electronic systems companies that participate in our programs." ,p> NSCA created the Health Solutions program, a component of SystemsPlus Insurance Solutions, to meet the needs of commercial electronic systems integrators. Firms with at least five full-time, enrolled employees are eligible to participate in this industry-wide benefit. The health component launched in January 2009.
Program participants can:
- Access a leading national network of providers
- Stabilize health insurance costs
- Earn premium credits based on program and individual company performance
- Encourage employees to manage health risk. Preventative maintenance procedures are covered 100 percent and not subject to co-insurance or deductibles.
- Reduce the burden on HR through one contact and one program for their entire company, even if you have branches in multiple states.
To learn how your company can benefit with SystemsPlus Health, Property & Casualty or Surety Solutions, visit www.systemsplus.org or call NSCA at (800) 446-6722.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus