Associations Focus: Are you Taking Advantage of Your NSCA Member Benefits?
Feb 11, 2009 4:44 PM
- Essentials of Systems Integration Online is an invaluable tool packed with more than 650 business documents vital to the commercial electronic systems industry. This popular resource provides templates you need to successfully grow your business, including industry research reports, sales prospect checklists, tech tutorials, employee handbooks, estimating forms, and an extensive listing of job descriptions. All documents can be modified to fit your specific needs.
- NSCA's Members on the Map online member directory allows corporate members to list their company and make it easy for customers to find them based on their location, as well as the markets and technologies they work with. This useful tool also reports how many times your profile has been viewed and how many times someone visited your website from your Members on the Map profile.
- The Grassroots Action Center allows members to conveniently contact state and federal officials, as well as track legislative issues, receive regular reports of congressional action, and view contact information for important state and federal agencies.
- NSCA's Quarterly Market Intelligence Briefing (MIB) Series provides current data on key industry issues, including technologies and business strategies. Visit ww.nsca.org/MIB for a full listing of available reports.
NSCA offers Only Industry-specific Health Insurance Program
As industry companies look to cut costs yet remain competitive for potential employees, NSCA is pleased to announce the Jan. 1 launch of SystemsPlus Health Solutions, its newest member service program that can help stabilize health insurance costs now and in the future.
SystemsPlus Health Solutions is designed to help commercial electronic systems companies combat rising health insurance premiums. The program offers innovative alternatives such as wellness initiatives and, most important, the ability to receive credits toward insurance premiums.
"NSCA assists its members with all aspects of their business," said NSCA Executive Director, Chuck Wilson. "This program allows members to obtain the benefits of large-group pricing in a time when saving money without sacrificing profits is essential."
Participants in the program can:
- Access a leading national network of providers.
- Stabilize health insurance costs.
- Earn "premium credits" based on program and individual company performance.
- Reduce paperwork.
- Streamline HR through one contact and one program for their entire company, no matter where employees live or work.
"Lone Star Communications Inc. was searching for the right coverage at the right price, and SystemsPlus Health Solutions provides all that and more," said Lone Star Communications President, Ray Bailey. "NSCA is constantly discovering innovative ways to help its members in times of need, and the insurance coverage will allow us to invest in new opportunities to help grow our business and stabilize our health care costs."
SystemsPlus also provides property and casualty and surety insurance solutions. NSCA members who have taken advantage of these programs have already saved up to 40 percent.
"We put SystemsPlus on a tight, tough timeline to move our insurance from our previous company and agent, and they came through beautifully," said Carolyn Eblin, Vice President of Finance for AMT Systems. "They saved us money on our premiums. They are personable, professional and easy to work with. Thanks for offering this program through NSCA."
To apply or learn how you can save money through SystemsPlus Health, Property & Casualty or Surety Solutions, visit www.systemsplus.org or call NSCA at (800) 446-6722.
Attend NSCA at InfoComm 09 to Boost Business, Build Career
Join NSCA at InfoComm 09. The annual industry tradeshow will be held June 13-19 in Orlando, Fla. NSCA membership is your ticket to a variety of InfoComm 09 perks, including free preregistered entrance to the show floor, discounts on NSCA's technology tours and savings of up to 50 percent on NSCA University education.
Check out www.nscaatinfocomm.org to get a sneak peek at all of NSCA's events, activities, and education courses at the show. Browse through NSCA University course descriptions, read instructor bios, get more information on special events and networking opportunities, find out how to increase your company's presence through our sponsorship opportunities, and so much more.
The InfoComm show floor is packed with more than 900 exhibitors featuring the latest technologies and the newest products on the market. Take advantage of nearly 80 NSCA University training courses designed exclusively for industry professionals. Stop by the NSCA Zone to discover new ways to build your industry connections while building opportunities for your business.
Although NSCA at InfoComm is still a few months away, it's never too early to find out how to build your business and your career with NSCA. Visit www.nscaatinfocomm.org today and start planning for InfoComm 09.
Wireless Microphones Manufacturers Join Efforts to Educate FCC
February 17 has come and gone, but concerns remain regarding the transition from analog to digital television signals and the effects of closing the 700 MHz to wireless microphones.
NSCA continues to monitor this situation and is aware of comments, proposals, and pending action on both the "white spaces" spectrum issue, as well as the growing number of concerns surrounding the closure of the 700 MHz bandwidth to the wireless microphone industry.
Organizations such as the Professional Audio Manufacturer's Alliance (PAMA) filed ex-parte comments to the FCC on Jan. 5 regarding the transition of wireless microphones out of the 700 MHz bandwidth. PAMA's position is that professional audio manufacturers want to be a proactive and constructive force in the eventual transition of secondary wireless microphones out of the 700 MHz band. A two-year transition period is requested but flexibility is offered. Without a smooth transition, the entire commercial electronic systems industry could be affected without proper protocols and protections for the manufacturers, integrators, and users of these technologies.
NSCA Calendar of Events
NSCA Business and Leadership Conference
NSCA at InfoComm 09
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus