Survey Asks AV Pros: How Are You Doing?
The economy is a mess. What does that mean for the pro AV industry? InfoComm recently surveyed its members on how their 2008 was shaping up.
The economy is a mess. What does that mean for the pro AV industry? InfoComm recently surveyed its members on how their 2008 was shaping up. Overall, only 12.6 percent of respondents said they were worse off than they were six months ago, and the vast majority said the current lending environment had no effect on their business.Keep in mind, though, the InfoComm survey happened in August, before Congress, the Department of Treasury, and the Federal Reserve saw it necessary to intervene in the financial markets. Even at that time respondents didn't have much faith in government. Among AV pros, integrators had the most confidence in the economy. We wonder if that's the case today.
- Industry Survey Chart -1 [Download PDF ]
- Industry Survey Chart -2 [Download PDF ]
- Industry Survey Chart -3 [Download PDF ]
- We're hiring, but have hired fewer people than originally anticipated – 24.8%
- Outsourced tasks rather than hire staff – 20.7%
- Increased staff salaries or benefits – 19.8%
- Increased staff training budgets – 18.9%
- Not filled vacant positions – 16.2%
- Hiring, and have hired more people than we originally anticipated – 15.8%
- Delayed or decreased planned pay increases – 12.2%
- Boosted planned pay increases or provided bonuses – 9.9%
- Laid off or let staff go – 9.5%
- Cut staff training budgets – 4.5%
- Cut staff salaries or benefits – 2.3%
- None of the above – 21.6%