Digital Signage Awards Announced
Gold, silver, and bronze awards were presented to winners in ten Apex Award categories, recognizing outstanding digital signage installations, and four Content Awards categories, including interactive and non-interactive signage content.
DSE Award Winner The Nielsen Co.
Last week at Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas, winners were announced for the show's 2011 Apex and Content Awards. Gold, silver, and bronze awards were presented to winners in ten Apex Award categories, recognizing outstanding digital signage installations, and four Content Awards categories, including interactive and non-interactive signage content.
"We received an extraordinary number of entries for both the Apex and Content Awards for 2011," said Chris Gibbs, president of Exponation LLC, which produces Digital Signage Expo, in a statement. "[This is] not only a reflection of the continued growth of the digital signage, interactive technologies, and out-of-home network industry but it is also clear that the work being done is raising the bar significantly in terms of quality and excellence. We are pleased to present the 2011 winners who have distinguished themselves in this way."
Winners of the gold Apex Awards were:
- Art, Entertainment, Recreation: The Museum of Brazil's Sport Club Internacional, nominated by C-nario, Engenharia Audiovisual, and Firefox Com.
- Business, Industry & Government: The Nielsen Co., nominated by Arsenal Media.
- Education & Healthcare: TENQ, nominated by Scala.
- Event Venues: New Meadowlands Stadium, nominated by Cisco.
- Food & Beverage: 4 Food, nominated by Scala.
- Hospitality: Swan and Dolphin Resort, nominated by Xpodigital.
- Public Spaces: Bell Ice Cube, nominated by Scala and Jigsaw Interaction Design.
- Retail: Camelback Toyota, nominated by Scala.
- Transportation: Destination Shuttle Services, nominated by Omnivex.
- New Concept: Intel End Cap Concept, nominated by Intel Corp.
Winner of the gold Content Awards were:
- Advertising/Promotional (non-interactive): Two West for content created for the Sprint Studio.
- Educational (non-interactive): Saddle Ranch Productions, nominated by CARE Media Holdings for content created for PetCARE TV.
- Entertainment/ Experiential (non-interactive): Jones Digital Media for content created for the TargetCast Network.
- Informational/ Directional (non-interactive): Arsenal Media for content created for The Nielsen Co.
- Advertising/Promotional (interactive): Zenith Media and Inwindow Outdoor for content created for 20th Century Fox/20th Century Fox Home Entertainment's "Avatar."
- Educational (interactive): Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. for content created for LEEDS Certification
- Entertainment/ Experiential (interactive): Zoom Media and Marketing for content created for Zoom's Sports Bytes Program
- Informational/Directional (interactive): Arsenal Media for content created for The Nielsen Co. MicroTile Wall.