Test Your Knowledge of AES and Audio History
Just asking: Is it true the first annual Audio Engineering Society Convention was held in San Francisco in 1947?
1. The first annual Audio Engineering Society Convention was held in San Francisco in 1947.
2. 1948 was a banner year in audio history: AES was formed, the LP was introduced, and the first tape recorder was available in portable cases.
3. In 1880, Alexander Graham Bell's Photophone was the first to use light to transmit sound.
4. Dr. Wolfgang Ahnert presented the first digitally enhanced modeling of an acoustic space in 1997.
5. The first real-time transmission of DVD-quality, multichannel audio over the Internet happened in 1999 at the 107th AES Convention.
6. The digital revolution in recording equipment traces back to the early 1980s.
7. The first 16-bit, pulse-code modulation, digital recording was Ry Cooder's “Bop Till You Drop” in late 1978.
Check out the answers on Page 2.