L-Acoustics Introduces LA4 and LA8 Amplified Controllers
Apr 19, 2007 8:00 AM
At the heart of the new L-Acoustics integrated system approach, the LA4 and LA8 amplified controllers offer cutting-edge loudspeaker amplification, DSP, network control, and comprehensive system protection in a single ergonomic package. Based upon similar platforms, the LA4 and LA8 allow for full optimization of all L-Acoustics system resources and deliver outstanding audio quality combined with the best possible transducer protection.
Both units offer an integrated approach by combining advanced amplification, signal processing, network remote control, and monitoring technologies and are pre-configured for digital multichannel audio networking. In addition, a powerful and future-proofed operating system with an intuitive user interface provides a high level of “hands on” system control without sacrificing accurate and fast operation under real-world conditions.
Packaged in a compact, lightweight, 2RU chassis, both platforms are derivative of the same basic design and share the following characteristics:
- A four-channel, high-efficiency amplifier section fed by two inputs, offering a power level matching for L-Acoustics loudspeaker systems
- A DSP section featuring brand-new filter algorithms and an exclusive L-Drive protection system for the transducers, allowing for optimum system performance
- A complete onboard preset library stored in 99 memory locations to cover all the principal L-Acoustics loudspeaker system configurations
- An intuitive and ergonomic user interface, fully accessible from the front panel, and the complementary PC-based network manager software (Windows compatible) with remote network monitoring and control of the LA4 and LA8 units
- Two I/O Ethernet ports for networking of up to 255 units
- A rear-panel plug-in card slot also allows the LA4 and LA8 to be ready for future multichannel digital audio networking implementation
In addition, the LA4 delivers up to 4 x 1000W at 4 ohms, while the LA8 delivers up to 4 x 2000W at 4 ohms. Speaker output connectors are specific to each platform. Also, each unit carries its own onboard preset library specific to the power requirements of L-Acoustics loudspeaker systems. The controllers also features realtime system status visualization.
All L-Acoustics loudspeaker systems now benefit from the advanced and exclusive properties of the LA4 and LA8 control platforms. As a result of this integrated approach, all L-Acoustics loudspeaker systems have been greatly enhanced by the superior performance of these high-end electronic platforms, which yield ideal power matching combinations across the entire product range. The unique ensemble of onboard featureslocal or remote control, system status visualization, driver protection, system connection, and the addition of external peripheralsare all offered in a secured and standardized environment. This rationalized approach allows for simple system operation with the benefit of superior and predictable audio results.
For more information, visit www.l-acoustics.com.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus