Associations Focus: ANSI Approves First InfoComm Performance Standard
Sep 2, 2009 11:30 AM
New Online Courses Available
Three new online courses have been added to InfoComm’s robust training offerings: AV Math Online, Project Management for AV Online, and CTS Prep Virtual Classroom.
AV Math Online (GEN104) blends online lessons with short videos and provides a downloadable workbook to practice solving real-world AV math problems. Take advantage of online lessons that provide consistent and reliable training, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It also includes section tests that can be sent to a supervisor to keep up with your progress. This course provides 15 renewal units.
Project Management for AV Online (GEN105) is a great core knowledge course for anyone who has just been promoted to project manager and for those who are already managing projects. It is a series of video training, taught by Brad Malone, PMP. An introductory video about the class is available on the course’s description page, found on InfoComm’s website.
CTS Prep Virtual Classroom (GEN113) uses an interactive approach to help you and/or your employees prepare for the InfoComm general Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) exam. It is much like a classroom course. There are lectures, assignments, conversations with other students, and readings. Instead of taking place in a building, however, the entire course takes place online. The content provides the same self-preparation opportunities available in a classroom, but the lectures are delivered as webinars and the discussions take place in an online forum. Designed for the mature learner who can work from a syllabus and is comfortable with online delivery, this class incurs no travel costs and time away from the job is minimized.
This course combines self-paced and instructor-led education using the Internet as a virtual classroom. Students are required to complete weekly assignments including reading books, viewing videos, and working with other students collaboratively using social networking tools. This course is offered for individuals preparing for the general CTS exam.
For a complete course schedule visit us online at www.infocomm.org/education.
Wednesday Webinars Return
The first Wednesday Webinar series was attended by more than 900 people. InfoComm was so pleased with the turnout that it’s having a second series of these complimentary webinars that begin this month.
The second series will focus on several areas, including:
- A four-part Best Practice series for manufacturers’ field staff and those who manage them, aimed at answering key questions in distribution development. Moderated by Bill Sharer, MBA, CTS, of Exxel Management & Marketing Corp.
- Three sessions for Live Event professionals
- Our first session in Spanish
- A session from our new AV Math Online course
- An updated session on the InfoComm Audio Coverage Uniformity (ACU) standard
- General member benefit information.
The series is open to everyone and select webinars offer renewal units. All webinars are offered on Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET. Visit www.infocomm.org/webinars for additional information on RUs, how to register, and the complete webinar schedule.
InfoComm Adds New Benefits
InfoComm International is committed to constant improvement and to staying relevant to your business. With that in mind, it has added some new member benefits that include:
- OfficeMax: InfoComm International has partnered with OfficeMax to give you its Partner Advantage program, which gives members access to more than 12,000 products at a 20 percent to 70 percent discount.
- Peak Incentives: Peak Incentives is your source for innovative promotional products, elegant corporate awards, and stylish corporate apparel. Whether you want to boost sales or just get your name out there, Peak Incentives is there to help. InfoComm members receive an additional 5 percent off Peak Incentives’ prices.
- Executive Productions: Executive Productions offers your company powerful, custom solutions for your business events. Members of InfoComm receive discounted services that include a personally tailored mix of customized events, unique tours, interesting and exciting spouse programs, transportation, corporate gifts, professional registration, and VIP airport services.
These new programs complement InfoComm’s discounted business insurance and marketing services. Stay tuned for more discounted services coming soon.
Visit www.infocomm.org/membership to learn how to take advantage of these new member benefits and start saving now.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus